lundi 22 novembre 2010

"oh, you see things clearly now, do you?" ;)


lake lily sky on a clear spring day --sb 4.10

The name of my blog, seemz CLR 2 me, has been in my spirit for a few days now as I have been planning to begin a blog. 

The name is intended to reflect what I've been wanting for so long to write about--the things that God has revealed to me through His Word, His Spirit, through people, and by what I have learned through my failures and trials. 

I took this picture in my 'backyard' at Lake Lily.  Never had I seen such a clear blue sky!  Perfect visibility. And just like this sky, certainly for me, there is a crystal clarity that eventually comes in a situation or trial, the point when it just...all...finally...seems perfectly clear, right?

After I named my blog, I went to the next step of creating what it would look like from a template. I found one I liked, but with two or three careless clicks too many, an unintended design appeared. It is what you see now--the appearance of a fogged window with rain droplets.

God has a sense of humor.  It was as if to say, "Oh, you see things clearly now, do you?"   1corinthians 13.12   It wasn't a rebuke, it was one of those God winks ;). He quickened my spirit with the friendly reminder that, no matter how much I've learned and have grown in wisdom and in truth, as long as I remain earthbound, I only know in part, and things will never be fully clear. So, there you have it...my blog design is God picked, and what seemz clear 2 me will always, at its best, be observed dimly through a glass while I am in this earthly tent. Though we know in part, one day we will know in full, just as we are fully known now by Him.
In the meantime, I invite you to peer through this dim glass with me.